Friday, January 31, 2014

Life is about finding people who are your kind of crazy.

Everyone has a crazy side in them, anyone who says they’re normal is lying.  I once read a quote that said what’s normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.  How true is that? Normality is relative at best.  I know that I may not be everyone’s cup of tea and for some I may even be too ‘crazy,’ but that’s part of life.  Also, I happen to think I lead a very boring and mundane life in retrospect to my neighborhood peers.  However, looking around my office, I am sure my crazy is a lot different.

What I mean by crazy, is not a negative thing at all.  I know my flaws; I am sometimes stubborn, I have a lot of food hangups, I am constantly giggling at things that are not all that funny, and I randomly burst out into dance moves. That is my kind of crazy.  I have been in several relationships where the other person has either accepted these ‘quirks’, tried to stifle them, or appreciate and complemented them. 

That is when you know you found a real partner in life.  Life is not about finding someone who just accepts who you are, life is about finding someone who appreciates who you are, and brings out the very best in you.  Whoever you’re with should see all your crazy quirks, weird habits and flaws, and love them all.  They should complement your quirks, enjoy your weird habits, and nurture the person you are enough that you grow out of those flaws.  Everyone is a little crazy, but there are definitely people who not only can work with that, but also will love you for it.

My perpetual quest for love does not pose to be difficult because I am picky, but because I am waiting for the right person.  No, they do not need to be ‘perfect’, we all know that is not realistic and does not exist, but they do need to be perfect for me.  For some people, as a certain ex comes to mind (sorry, JJ), I am a little hard to handle.  Sometimes I overthink things to the point where I become a worry wart and forget to ‘live in the moment.’  Sometimes I hear a song in a supermarket and dance by myself because I am lost in the music.  None of that makes me ‘weird’ or ‘bad’, but it just means that impatient people or people who get easily embarrassed (one of which I am not), probably don’t want to be around me for prolonged periods of time.  On the flip side, I wouldn’t want to be with someone who goes to a crowded bar or party and just stands there quietly not talking to people.  I can be dropped in a crowded room without knowing anyone, and by the end of the night I will have made friends.  I am the stereotypical social butterfly. 


To some people, that is a weird character trait and they do not appreciate it.  That kind of thinking doesn’t make them bad either, but it does make us incompatible.  I truly believe that we meet people for all kinds of reasons; I know every time I am in a new relationship or meet someone new, I learn a new fact about myself.  Every experience serves a purpose.  But, as far as settling down is concerned, there is no reason to settle!  There will be someone whose demons play well with yours.  Someone will look at all your silly tendencies and random behaviors, that repel most people, and find them utterly endearing.  This is the kind of relationship to hold out for.  This is the kind of relationship that gives me hope in this otherwise dismal dating world.  The person who is my kind of crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You're definitely my kind of crazy. And yes to finding people who bring out your best, not your worst and the good, fun crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great group of friends that mesh well with my crazy ;). I definitely know I only keep around people who bring about MY best, but sometimes attempting to bring out the best in people scares them.

      Delete