Thursday, May 16, 2013

To Live a Creative Life, We Must Lose the Fear of Being Wrong.



Doing makeup has always been a personal hobby and guilty pleasure of mine.  Any excuse to get dolled up, and I would be dressed to the nine’s with stunning makeup (if I don’t say so myself.)  When I was in college, everyone would come to my room before a night out and I would do makeup for the masses.  My specialty is experimenting with different eyeshadows, mixing colors, bringing out an individual’s natural beauty and making their features pop.

Now that I am no longer in college, I figured I could make a side business out of my passionate hobby.  With my loyal friends as my customer base and ready to give out references, Revel Makeup Artistry[1] was born. 

We have a nice sized portfolio for examples and do makeup for any occasion.  Whether it be themed parties, weddings, birthdays, showers, prom, Revel Makeup is there to help enhance your beautiful features and give your look a little out of the ordinary addition.  With a convenient location, affordable rates and a flexible schedule, Revel Makeup Artistry is a good start up local business.  I set up a Facebook page to showcase all of my work and a separate email address (RevelMakeup@gmail.com) to set up appointments.

While writing has always been my passion and something I am extremely proud of, to see people want to schedule appointments for makeup or have strangers compliment people on my work is amazing to me.  Something a simple as a silly little hobby I’ve been doing for years turned out to be a something I am incredibly proud of.  I have people I don’t know come up to me and say how they saw someone’s makeup I’ve done and they would like to schedule me for a party.  That kind of local celebrity is a small nod to my ‘talent’ and it is something I really appreciate, especially since I am a huge self doubter and very critical of myself; to get recognition is extremely humbling.  I have always been afraid to let people read my work or see my art, I have always been afraid of criticism when it came to my creations, but I have learned to be more confident and proud of my accomplishments.  So far, it has been working out for me.  Revel Makeup Artistry has a nice fan base and have been given reviews and referrals from the best clientele any business could ask for.  I am a huge support of local and small businesses and know that word of mouth reviews go a long way.  For this reason Revel is dedicated to taking care of our loyal customers and new customers alike.  With specials, discounts and deals, you are in good hands with Revel Makeup Artistry.

So if you, or possibly your special lady, have plans coming up that you want to be more than ordinary, email Revel Makeup or find us on Facebook!


[1] Please find us on Facebook, Revel Makeup Artistry, or email us RevelMakeup@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment