Thursday, March 28, 2013

If Today was your last day.



Not to quote a really [lame] Nickelback song, BUT…tomorrow I am going skydiving! Yes, skydiving.  For anyone that knows me, this is laughable, because I get terrified by a little turbulence on airplanes, hate looking down and out of a window in a sky scraper, but somehow I was convinced in to skydiving.

Apparently if you tell me to do something that might kill me, I will do it, as long as there is a ‘google offers’ or groupon deal on it.  That being said I embark on my [terrifying] life adventure tomorrow.  I feel like I have a lot of great life stories, and occasionally do silly things, but this is one thing I needed to do before I die so I can tell my [future/hypothetical] children what a bad ass their mum was. 

I am at this point in my life where I want to have as many life experiences, and good karma as I can.  While skydiving doesn’t bring particularly good karma, I signed up for the Revlon Walk for Women (May 4th. Mommy’s Angels) for that, skydiving will certainly give me with a good story [blog post] for later. 

Every girl wishes they have a love like ‘The Notebook’ where their husband will write the story of their love and read it to them when their brain goes to mush.  Really, I just want to write a kickass memoir for my kid’s to read and be like ‘oh that old lady was really something.’  I don’t want to change the world or leave a legacy in history books, I just want to impact one person; change their world, be someone, some sort of legacy or hero to them. 
While that seems like a tall order for one little skydiving trip, I don’t think it is. 

My best friend and I are going to drive 2 hours to another state to jump out of a little plane and free fall for  14k feet, knowing full aware that we are both afraid of heights.  After our [obviously] amazing adventure, we are going to go to an old school hip hop party--dressed to impress [again, obviously.]  To me, life doesn’t need to be filled with drinking or partying or anything, it just needs to be filled with memories, moments, adventures, that are different than the ‘norm’ that make it all worth it.  Looking at other people’s pictures and hearing their testimonies of skydiving, as scared as I am, I know that this is a personal victory [regardless of if I cry like a little baby.]

Life is all about taking chances and trying new things and Lord knows I am going to do just that!

An famous old saying goes ‘do one thing every day that scares you.’ Well, since free falling a million feet[*] in the air with nothing but a human backpack[†] is one of the scariest things ever; I think I am good for a while.

WISH ME LUCK! 

And keep your eyes peeled for the kickass follow up to this blorticle!

Later bloggers. :)


[*] Exaggeration.  As stated above, it is really only 14,000 ft
[†] Who also happens to be wearing a parachute

No comments:

Post a Comment